Sunday, September 07, 2008

Real Estate

The office has undergone some renovations in the last week.
 

First, we decided to rearrange the desks. Mine now occupies the west wall, and we fashioned me a new one out of the filing cabinets and an unused door from the house. At first I thought the door would look stupid and obviously improvised, but it's a quality piece of wood and I think it looks pretty sweet. It's at least twice as big as the old desk surface was, too.The circular hole originally cut for the handle is a nice place to drop cords down as well.

The second improvement is the new 22" widescreen LCD monitor I finally bought. This makes all my gaming and photo viewing look better, and compared to the 19" CRT I've been using, this runs brigher, it takes up considerably less space, weighs 50lbs less, allows me to have two documents open side by side onscreen, and uses 1/3 the electricity. It doesn't have a height adjustment, which the 90s Trivial Purusit box is remedying for now.

The third is the bracketless shelving unit hovering above the desk. I think it looks nice up there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: