Sunday, August 31, 2008

catching up

I'm behind. Here are my updates, with less detail than I had originally planned.

I got married two weeks ago. The wedding was fantastic. I remember everything in two-second bursts, since that's about what my interactions with everyone were limited to. The flow of the evening was handled perfectly, everything went well, and I couldn't be happier with the result. I'll post pictures when I have them.

We went to Portland, Maine for our honeymoon, which was a wonderful trip. Even the 15 hour drive wasn't too bad because that part of the country is so pretty. We went whale watching, sea kayaking, sunset-cruising on a schooner, lighthouse-touring, bed and breakfasting, and fine dining throughout the cool little city of Portland. I do have pictures from that here.

My wife(!) and I got a Wii as one of our wedding gifts and I've been bowling quite a bit on that, but haven't had much time for gaming. She starts teaching again on Tuesday and a regular schedule should settle in once again.

Braylon broke his toe the day before the wedding and has to have it wrapped for six weeks. He's in good spirits and it doesn't hurt him, so we were able to bring him to the Michigan football game this weekend. He'll be five months old this week and is already about 55 lbs.

Michigan football's first game was yesterday. The team found new and exciting ways to suck; I think the novelty of the new offense numbs the sting of losing to a Mountain West team at home. Things will jell, most everyone on the team will still be there in two years, we'll be fine. I found things to be encouraged about.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Belated congrats! Your pictures are all stunning, but this one is pro quality, easy.

The best thing about the App State situation is that Michigan kind of hit the bottom of the barrel with that one. Losing to Utah on their opener wasn't a terrible blow. No way to go but up, as they say.