Monday, November 05, 2007

A case of the Mondays

Work today involved buying a new DSL modem and router and configuring them to work across the entire building. This was basically an eight-hour troubleshooting session. I saw a Best Buy ad for 1gb sticks of RAM for $35 and decided buying a couple would brighten my sour mood. They were surprisingly cheap, RAM is the oldest part of my computer, and I could use some more now that I'm designing full-page magazine ads for the DeltaPlex(!).

It sounded too good to be true, and it was. I bought DDR2, which I learned after a struggle, is not compliant with my DDR-based motherboard. At least the engineers shifted the pin a few millimeters so I wouldn't be able to turn it on and fry anything. I just couldn't win today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of us have days like that a lot with any computer. You will see your way through this. Keep your nose to the grindstone and let the ideas flow freely. It will all work out for you. The gifts are yours to make something from nothing, and your product will be fine. Hang in there.