Thursday, November 09, 2006

G80

When Sony announced the PS3 specs, people feared that it would mark the demise of PC gaming. The PS3's Cell processor and the nVidia GPU were both outrageously powerful, and we were all left wondering when nVidia would release a GPU faster than the one in the PS3. The answer: Today.

Kudos to them for making the PS3 obsolete before it even ships.

Meanwhile, I just bought a card two months ago like a sucker. I'll just have to look the other way and convince myself to stay satisfied with my 1280x1024 performance... even though I upgraded my entire system for less than this card costs.

1 comment:

Big Ten said...

This may be completely unrelated to sweet graphics cards, but a little reading for you:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/tim_layden/11/10/compare/index.html

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9797554

And I don't know about you, but a set of BCS matchups like:
ND-Rutgers
Texas-Boise St
Wake Forest-Louisville
REAAAAALLY makes me excited for championship week.